Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 7

Today started out rough with sharp ear pain, throat and tongue pain and even tooth pain which was new. I was able to eat a scrambled egg this morning. Thee pain lessened throughout the day. I went 4 hours without a percocet this evening which is great progress! I was able to eat a slice of pizza tonight, slowly in tiny bits. Ice packs on my neck help tremendously with pain when I have to wait for the percocet to kick in. Anbesol on the back sides of my tongue helps as well and coats my throat each time I swallow. Still producing a lot of saliva. After sleeping, my mouth tastes and smells of burned dead tissue. Tonight I spit up a little blood so I drank ice cold water and applied ice packs to my neck. Talking is still painful and difficult. Swallowing warm things has become much easier than cold things.


No comments:

Post a Comment